As part of BrightTALK's 2019 Trends and Predictions Webcast series, ThreatSTOP's VP of Security and Research, John Bambenek, is talking specifically about social engineering and phishing on this December 13th episode. Check out the details here:
Join top security leaders for an interactive discussion on how to better secure the enterprise in 2019. Topics include:
- Top threats on the horizon and what's at risk
- Cyber defenses and your employees
- Basic cyber safety recommendations to protect against social engineering, phishing and email cyber attacks
- Use cases and examples
- Actions to take today to protect your employees and enterprise from cyber criminals
- What to expect in 2019
- John Bambenek, VP Security Research & Intelligence, ThreatSTOP
- JP Bourget, Founder & Chief Security Officer, Syncurity
- Jan Liband, CMO, SlashNext
Social Engineering, Phishing and Protecting the Enterprise
December 13th, 8 AM PST
About the Speaker:
John Bambenek is the Vice President of Security, Research and Intelligence at ThreatSTOP, Lecturer in the Department of Computer Science at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and a handler with the SANS Internet Storm Center. He has over 18 years experience in information security and leads several international investigative efforts tracking cyber criminals, some of which have led to high profile arrests and legal action.
He specializes in disruptive activities designed to greatly diminish the effectiveness of online criminal operations. He produces some of the largest bodies of open-source intelligence used by thousands of entities across the world.